Are you’re experiencing sluggishness on your MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air? With today’s guide, we’ll discuss and show you the potential culprit and how to clean up your cache and much more with CleanMyMac X version 4.
Firstly, what is the cache?
The cache is accumulated temporary files stored on your computer. An easy to way to picture this would be taking your browser for instance: Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari to name a few. Have you ever wanted to know why the images load up quickly after you return to a previously visited website? The reason is that the browser had previously loaded those images and stored them in the browser’s cache. In some instances the images may be even outdated which means it’s time to clear the cache.
In addition the browser cache on MacBook’s, there is also the system and user cache.
Backup, Backup, Backup.
The first thing you’ll want to do if you aren’t already doing so, is to make a backup, either with Apple’s Time Machine, a 3rd party tool or via the cloud.
Now on the MacBook, it is possible to go through each of the 3 sets of cache and manually delete the cache files. For the purpose of this article, we’re going to introduce CleanMyMac X that can do all of this for you automatically and so much more.
Sleek All-in-One Package
Straight from their website “CleanMyMac X is all-in-one package to awesomize your Mac. It cleans megatons of junk and makes your computer run faster. Just like it did on day one.”
CleanMyMac X is a powerful utility to have on hand as you’ll not only be able to clean up the cache on your MacBook, you’ll also be able to have CleanMyMac X take care of mail attachments, iTunes junk, system junk, trash bins, worm, virus, adware, malware, ransomware, improve boot up time and ultimately speed up your MacBook(source).
Right away you’re presented with a sleek interface and you can simply just click Scan and let CleanMyMac X begin its magic.
You also have the option to go through each module individually which also will break down what is included in the scan for that particular module.
Malware and privacy protection is just another plus point adding further value to its value.
In addition to cleaning up your cache, junk large files and so forth, CleanMyMac X comes with useful maintenance and monitoring features. CleanMyMac X also will helps you uninstall apps without leaving any leftover remnants behind.
Trial Edition of CleanMyMac X v4
There is a trial edition of CleanMyMac X version 4 which will require a subscription or license to unlock all the features. More specifically, the trial edition is limited to removing no more than 500 MB of unneeded items across all cleaning modules.
More of what you can do in a trial mode of CleanMyMac X:
Source: MacPaw.com Knowledgebase Article
- Run as many scans as you want;
- Remove up to 500 MB of junk*;
- Start Speed improvements up to 2 times.
Cleanup modules: Remove no more than 500 MB* of unneeded items across all cleaning modules. Scan without limitations.
- Malware Removal: Scan for malware as many times as you want. The removal operation isn’t available.
- Privacy: Remove any number of Privacy items but only once. Cleanup of cookies isn’t available. Scan without limitations.
- Optimization: Remove any number of Optimization items but only 2 times. Disable, enable, and relaunch items without limitations.
- Maintenance: Run any task but only once.
- Uninstaller:Remove 1 application completely or reset it to the initial state.
- Updater: Update up to 2 applications.
- Extensions: All functionality is absolutely free.
- Space Lens: Remove up to 1 GB of data. Explore without limitations.
- Large & Old Files: Remove no more than 500 MB* of data. Scan without limitations.
- Shredder: Erase any number of files in a secure or regular way.
CleanMyMac X Menu:
- Remove up to 500 MB* of junk from the Trash folder;
- Free up RAM once;
- Review system statuses, get important alerts, and run the speed test any number of times.
*The trial mode of CleanMyMac X has a shared 500 MB limit across all modules, except Space Lens. In other words, if you reach the trial limit in one module, cleanup in other modules becomes disabled.
For a licensed edition of CleanMyMac X, 3 basic subscription levels are available:
License for 1 Mac: $34.95
License for 2 Macs: $54.95
License for 5 Macs: $79.95
Clear and easy to understand functionality of each of the modules.
Fast Scan and Clean processes.
The trial edition is quite limited in its functionality.
CleanMyMac X Assistant, Knowledge Base, FAQ and Customer Support
If you need to find resources, you have 3 avenues to get the help and support you need.
The first option is CleanMyMac X Assistant which can be found right within CleanMyMac X in the upper-right hand corner of the CleanMyMac windows.
Of course, if you’re still stuck, you can reach out and contact support.
In case you lost your license, all you have to do is enter your email address on the License Management page.
Is CleanMyMac X safe?
Yes, CleanMyMac X is safe. There have been no known viruses, malware or theft of personal and private data.
- Fully featured.
- Clear and easy to understand functionality of each of the modules.
- Fast Scan and Clean processes.
- The trial edition is quite limited in its functionality.
CleanMyMac X is priced higher than many of the alternatives available, but you’ll find that you’ve made a wise decision to purchase based on the ease of use, loads of modules available and the effectiveness of the end result.